Tuesday 6 May 2014

Awakening

"Each new year is a surprise to us. We find that we had virtually forgotten the note of each bird, and when we hear it again, it is remembered like a dream, reminding us of a previous state of existence... The voice of nature is always encouraging." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Today was our first opportunity to spend the afternoon outside in the yard hanging laundry, reading and napping. It's amazing how aware of the birds and wind and sunshine I feel after spending all winter cooped up inside. Brynn had a good nap in her stroller, and seemed to sleep deeply while listening to the breeze. I love the first few days of spring (real spring) where it's warm enough to sit outside and enjoy the sun. I'm always so excited and energized by the sounds, sights and feels that I've known since my childhood. They feel fresh and new every year, but also as comfortable as my old rubber boots and mud on my hands. I can't wait for Brynn to experience all the same feelings that come with spring every year!

Napping in the sunshine 

No comments:

Post a Comment